Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Boyfriend Still Drinks from Sippy Cups!

Okay, so the first time I ever went to visit and meet my boyfriend's Granna he told me that she makes the best sweet tea in the world.  I love sweet tea, so this was great news to me! We get there and he asks if I want some, of course I say "yes".  However, when I see him hand a child's sippy cup to me I get a little confused.  He tries to convince me this is how they all drink Granna's sweet tea, but you know how it is when you're the newbie and you always suspect people are trying to pull one over on you and make you look silly.   So I tried my hardest to crack him, but he never did!  I didn't believe him for the longest time that this was a normal thing for visitors or family to do... but I eventually found out that it most certainly is.    Indeed it is a tradition there, anytime you drink the sweet tea, you must drink it from a sippy cup. 
So today I was craving some freshly brewed sweet tea, so I went to the store and bought a tea kettle, some tea bags, and some cute little sippy cups.  I text Alex that I have a treat for him when he gets home, so he got all excited.  If you know guys, I'm sure he thinks it's going to be something suuuuuper cool...but it ain't.   
However, as weird as it may sound I know that he will still be excited to see a sippy cup full of delicous sweet tea... I'll let you know his reaction :)



UPDATE:  He LOVED the surprise :)  I can't lie, they are pretty awesome... they can tip and no drip!  I think I may start implementing a new rule at our household; guests that have had 3 or more drinks or appear to be unstable have to drink out of a sippy cup.   What do you think? 

Cheers to the weekend!
Haley =)

No comments:

Post a Comment